Thursday, October 22, 2015

Role-Playing Gamer: Conception II #5 - Infallible Babble.

Hey! Like I promised, this is going to be the post where I'm going to start using the full version of the game for this Let's Play! (Now let's load up the data from the demo and get started already!)

Warning: This game is rated M for mature for Fantasy Violence, Language, Mild Blood, Partial Nudity, and Sexual Themes. If any of the following offends you, don't click the link to pass the jump break you have been warned.
----------------------------------------------------

'Load the demo save data?'

-Yes-
-No-
Of course we're going to load it. No real point of continuing to play the demo even after getting the full version of the game otherwise.

'Demo save data has been loaded. As a bonus for playing the demo, you have received a set of Matryoshkas!'
Yay!

'School Store'

Chlotz: Shimo, what do you want to drink?
Shimo: I'll have the cider.
(I think we're both hoping that's supposed to be short for "apple cider".)

Fuuko: Look, Narika, it's Shimo and Chlotz.
Narika: Oh, you're right.
Yo, Fuuko, Narika! What's up? (Hey It's my mom!) (Don't forget that my mom is here as well!) (Well, your second mother anyway.)

Chlotz: Hey, you two.
Fuuko: Are you getting drinks? Narika, should we get something too?
Narika: That sounds nice. I'm thirsty. Which one are you going to get, Fuuko?
Fuuko: I think I'll get the berry juice. What about you?
Narika: Well... There's such a selection that I can't make up my mind. What should I get...?
Standard Disciple (brown-hair): Isn't that God's Gift with the S Ranks over there?
[sarcasm] Great, more gossips and rumors... [/sarcasm]

Standard Disciple (purple-hair): You're right. Even the Elites buy things from vending machines!
(First, it was a brown-haired dude; now it's a purple-haired dude.)

Standard Disciple (purple-hair): Either they don't know what they want, or she doesn't know how to use a soda machine.
Standard Disciple (brown-hair): Man, the S Rank girls look so cool, even when they're failing at simple tasks!
*facepalm* And brown-hair over there looks and sounds like a creep...

Fuuko: I feel like everyone's staring at us.
That's kind of because they are. *sigh* ...

Fuuko: Or is it just my imagination...?
Chlotz: I don't think you're imagining it.
(Wow! Klutz said something intelligent!) (Why are you acting like Chlotz is a huge idiot?)

Chlotz: To the normal Disciples here, being an S Rank or a God's Gift is a celebrity. It's tough being as popular as we are, huh?
(Uh, Klutz, last we checked you're only B Rank.)

Standard Disciple (brown-hair): And who's that B Rank that's always tagging along with the S Rank girls?
(Yeah, that's what I thought.) Dude, "that B Rank" has a name! It's "Chlotz"! And he just happens to be my best friend! Got it!

Standard Disciple (purple-hair): I'm pretty sure he's Ms. Chloe's little brother.
Standard Disciple (brown-hair): Ohhh... That's why he's hanging around with them.
I already said...! You know what, forget you two.

Chlotz: Ow. That stings more than I thought it would... Now I feel really awkward here.
Narika: I don't like it here, either...
Shimo: Let's go somewhere else.
Narika: Um... I know of a good place.
Okay, Narika, lead the way!

'Grassy Path'

Narika: The old schoolhouse is up ahead. No one will bother us there.
Fuuko: It's so quiet on this path, too. It's hard to believe that we're still in the Academy.
Shimo: The flowers smell nice, too.
Chlotz: By the way, Shimo, have you decided on which club to join?
Shimo: No, I haven't. What about you?
Chlotz: I did decide. I'm not joining any of 'em! Instead, I'm going to help out at the lab.
Well, at least you're doing something even if you aren't joining a club.

Fuuko: You mean AngelMarker?
That's what I'm assuming he means.

Chlotz: Yeah, I'm going to assist Mark. I love cool gadgets, and I know a lot more than I look.
(And you look like you don't know much of anything.) (Monster!)

Chlotz: I can't go into the Labyrinths and fight, but I'll be able to help you  that way.
Thanks.

Shimo: I see. I'll be counting on you.
(And, while the last bit of dialogue showed up, the voice actor said exactly what Shimo just typed as a comment.) (That's our Shimo. Being as predictable as ever.) Hey! (You're only that predictable when you're in "hero mode".)

Narika: There's the old schoolhouse.

'Old Schoolhouse'

Fuuko: It smells like wood in here. I like being in old buildings like this.
At least any possible allergies I might have never followed me during my world travels. (What are you talking about?) My dad thought I was allergic to mold.

Narika: This schoolhouse was here before the Academy was founded. It hasn't been in use since the Dusk Circles appeared and the Academy was built. I... come here a lot during lunchtime to read.
Yeah, reading's cool. So...

Shimo: This building's not being used now?
Narika: Right. But I believe the other rooms can still be used if it was cleaned up.
Chlotz: Alright! I just need to come here when I want to skip classes!
Chlotz, dude, don't skip class. Okay?

Fuuko: Chlotz, you shouldn't say things like that right in front of the vice president.
(Yeah, you should say that when there aren't people with positions of official authority around.) (*sigh* *facepalm*)

Narika: Um... I'll just pretend I didn't hear that.
Chlotz: Hey, isn't that... Ellie out there? You know, the first-year?
(Now she's your first mother!) (Don't remind me...)

Fuuko: I wonder what she's doing in a deserted place like here.
(Shortly, outside...) [sarcasm] ...Really? [/sarcasm]

Chlotz: Heeeey, Ellie!
Ellie: Hm...!? Ah... Hello, everyone. Is Shimo there with you?
Chlotz: What're you doing over there?
Ellie: Oh... Um, nothing much. It feels so nice and warm outside, so I was looking at the flowers...
Chlotz: Then come over here and join us! Let's share some drinks!
Ellie: I'll take you up on that offer.
(Back inside the old schoolhouse...)

Fuuko: This berry juice is so sweet, but tart! It's delicious! What's yours, Ellie?
Ellie: It's Erenge fruit juice that Chlotz gave me. What about you, Narika?
Yeah, I'm curious, what kind of drink did you end up getting?

Narika: It's iced herb tea.
What kind of herb tea?
(Yeah, Shimo prefers tea and hot chocolate over coffee.) (Heavily-infused herbal tea to be precise.)

Fuuko: What does it taste like? Can I try some of what everyone has?
Ellie: Sure.
Fuuko: Here, I'll let you try mine too.
Narika: Haha... This is fun.
Chlotz: Shimo, you want some of my cola?

-No thanks.-
-I'm not sharing your spit.-
-We're not girls, you know.-
All of these are negative responses. But while the second option is more insulting than the others... (The third one isn't really accurate, what with Shimo here being technically gender-fluid.) Not to mention the implication that being female is somehow bad. So, I'm going with...

Shimo: No thanks.
Besides, I'm not a fan of cola, period. (He'd drink it if he's thirsty enough.) But this isn't one of those times.

Chlotz: ...Thought you'd say that.
Ellie: Um, if you'd like, won't you try tasting mine? This is really delicious.
Fuuko: Do you want to drink mine too?
Narika: Oh, you can try mine too, if you'd like.
Hm... Berry juice, or that interesting-sounding fruit juice, or that iced herbal tea... So many choices, so little time...

Shimo: Then...

-I'll try the berry juice.-
-I'll try the herb tea.-
-I'll try the Erenge juice.-
... (You actually have to make a choice!) (Well, you have made the most comments about the herb tea...) Okay.

Shimo: I'll try the herb tea.
Narika: Oh... Mine then. Here you are.
Shimo: Mm, those herbs are refreshing.
(Wow, under "normal" circumstances, Shimo's sense of taste is a bit strange. For instance, mint "has a bitter taste that can be best described as what you'd think cartoon acid would taste like" either that or "fire and brimstone". Normal people describe the taste of mint as "cool and refreshing"!)

Chlotz: Oooh, the vice president and God's Gift are trading cooties now.
[sarcasm] Chlotz, what are we? Five-years old? [/sarcasm]

Narika: Hm? Wh-What...? Um... That's not why I offered it to him. I-It's not like that.
Well, I do like Narika, but still... I was mostly just curious about what kind of herb tea this was.

Fuuko: Narika, it's okay. We know.
Ellie: C-Cooties...
Shimo: You shouldn't tease girls, Chlotz.
...or people, like that, for that matter.

Chlotz: Sorry, I didn't think you'd get all flustered like that.
Fuuko: As punishment, you will not be allowed to taste our juices.
*facepalm* (It's not what it sounds like!)

Chlotz: What...!? Seriously...?
(Later... After Shimo, Ellie, and Klutz...) (His name is "Chlotz"!) (...have left. But we're spying on our mothers.)

Fuuko: This place really is calming, Narika. I didn't notice until the others left, but this is a very quiet place.
Narika: Yes. Also, when I'm here, I can forget about my worries. I can even forget that I'm a Disciple. Oh... I shouldn't be saying such things.
Fuuko: Nah, to be honest, I feel the same too. It still hasn't hit me that I have a duty to slay monsters. I mean, look at me. I'm just an ordinary girl who's a little good at swimming.
(And that's why you wanted Fuuko to be your mother?!) (Yes, exactly!)

Fuuko: I can't just gain confidence in myself simply because someone suddenly told me so.
Narika: ...I have to agree. I feel the same way. So I can understand how you feel, Fuuko.
Fuuko: Thank goodness. It's a relief that I have someone close who shares the same feelings.
Narika: ...Me too.
Fuuko: Hmm... But aside from that...
(I'm sensing that it's going to be fan service time!) (Monster!)

Narika: ...What is it? It's... embarrassing if you stare at me like that.
Fuuko: Well, we're alone right now, so I'm gonna take the plunge and say it. You have giant boobs!
Narika: Huh!?
(Well, she's right, mom. You have massive mammalaries.) (Let me guess, "You love alliteration as well".) (Yes.)

Fuuko: I mean, look at me, I'm so jealous of you! I'm pathetic!
Narika: Th-That's not true! I think your breasts are very lovely.
Fuuko: Really? How?
(I'm guessing Shimo would've made a comment about "not having lower back pain" or something to that effect if he were around...)

Narika: Um, well... Their shape is... I think boys would like them.
Fuuko: Huh? What kind of shape is that?
Narika: Huh? I-I don't know! I'm sorry, I don't even know what I'm saying right now.
Fuuko: I-Isn't size more important than shape?
Narika: I don't think so. There must be some who like smaller girls...
(Shimo's brother, for one.)

Narika: ...I mean, what am I saying?
Fuuko: Ahaha... I'm sorry that I got all excited too.
Chlotz: Hrm? What are you two girls talking about?
(Enter the Klutz.) (Don't just... Don't...)

Narika: ...Aah! I-It's nothing! Right, Fuuko?
Fuuko: Th-That's right! Nobody is talking about breasts here!
(Shimo would call that a "suspiciously specific denial.")

Narika: F-Fuuko! Why!?
Shimo: Huh? What are you girls still doing here?
(Oh, they were talking about various girl topics, including comparing breast sizes. Including Narika complementing on... Oh, you can just look up for this.) *looks up* ...Yeah, smaller breasts equals less lower back pain. And, yeah, that does sound like a suspiciously specific denial. [simultaneous] (We were both right...) (We were both right...) [/simultaneous]

Fuuko: Wh-Why did you come back?
Shimo: I came to pick up all the empty bottles that we left here.
Best to keep the place clean, after all.

Chlotz: Oho... I think we're intruding on them. It seems we've put a damper on a secret discussion about lady lumps.
We could just say "breasts". But still...
("Their milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard... And they're, like, it's better than yours!") (*faceplam* Really!? THAT song!?)

Shimo: Oh... I see. Sorry about that. We'd better be going.
Chlotz: Well, have fun, you two!
Fuuko: H-Hey! ...Hrgh, those two got the completely wrong idea.
(Well, not completely wrong, but... Yeah...)

Narika: I don't actually think there was much of a misunderstanding here...
(What your mom said.)

Fuuko: Now that you mention it, you're right...
Narika: Haha...
Fuuko: Ahaha...
Narika: Fuuko.
Fuuko: Hm?
Narika: Please keep being my friend.
(Why are you asking that?)

Fuuko: Of course. And you'll be my friend too, right?
Narika: Yes...!

'Heroes' Grave'

Chlotz: I didn't know the Academy had a place like this here.
Shimo: It's supposedly a graveyard for Disciples who don't have a hometown to be sent to.
Chlotz: It's sad that they have no place to return to...
[sarcasm] Funny that you mention that, Chlotz... [/sarcasm]

Shimo: My hometown was destroyed by a Nest. If I die, I'll be buried here, too.
Chlotz: What about your parents?
Shimo: Monsters killed my parents and friends. My only sister died the night before her wedding... She was protecting me from a monster that attacked us suddenly when she was killed.
(Huh? That's...) An adopted back-story to fit in this world a bit more seamlessly. (I see. Last I checked, the only "sister" you've ever had was a cat of your moms.)

Shimo: Her white dress was on her bed... Then it wasn't white anymore... I still can't forget that sight. ...I will never let these monsters exist, if I can do anything about it.
(...What about...?) ("Monster" is just a "insult" you use towards me. Shimo here knows I'm not the same as those shadow monsters. I just don't see it as an insult myself, since demons are normally seen as a type of monster... Point is, I don't count.)

Chlotz: I see... I'm sorry for asking.
Well, at least, now you know.

Shimo: All I want is to bring peace back to this world as quickly as possible.
(Because that's pretty much all you do with your life. Putting yourself in harms way for the thrill of it, but using that thrill-seeking in a way that helps people before moving on to the next world in need of help.)

Shimo: I believe that's why I became a God's Gift. The Star God answered my prayers.
...Or, more likely, that's how this world decided to translate the magic powers I accumulated in my travels. But, in this world, what I just said out loud makes more sense.

Chlotz: Yeah, that must be why...

'School Route'

Shimo: Hm? What's that?
(We sure as heaven don't know.)

Punk: Yo, hold up, little lady!
(Ah, I see... It's time... To meet our next heroine!)

Female Disciple: Sorry, but I'm in a hurry. If you're hitting on someone, try somebody else.
Punk: C'mon, don't be like that. Isn't that the Academy uniform?
Yeah, your point is? Even in situations like this, consent is important. Which obviously has been revoked!

Punk: Hahaha, it's so cute. Just hang out with me for a while.
Wait! Did you just refer to her as an "it" without any indication of that being this persons preferred pronoun!?

Punk: A cute little first-year like you...
And... You just keep getting to be more and more of a creep.

Female Disciple: What was that?
Punk: I was saying, why don't you and me have some fun and--
Female Disciple: Not that part!
Punk: ...Huh?
Female Disciple: I'm... I'm a third-year, dammit!
(Well, she does look absurdly young...)

Punk: Oh...! Oh... my Stars...
(I think he meant to say "balls".) (Monster!) (Might as well insert "Ode to the Nut Shot" here.) "One of these things, is not like the others..." (Oh, right. "Squirrel kicking a pile of acorns.")

Female Disciple: Hmph.
[sarcasm] Well, what did he expect to happen to him when he's harassing someone. [/sarcasm] (...Ah. Rhetorical question.)

Shimo: That girl's got skills.
Of the "badass" variety. I like her. (Of course you'd like a girl like her... So long as you're not on the receiving end of a rampage like that.)

Shimo: I can't believe she took that guy out with a single hit.
Emphasis on the "single hit" part. Yep, confirmed badass.

'Headmaster's Office'

Shimo: High Priest, did you call for me?
And does it have something to do with the punk that had his kerple handed to him this morning?

Mattero: Yes, I have a favor to ask of you.
(Most likely related to the reason you were called, rather than standing by why someone got beat up.) As I said, he kind of had it coming.

Mattero: The fact of the matter is... the President of AngelMarker wishes to meet you. It seems he wants to see the hero that sterilized a Dusk Circle.
Shimo: You mean me?
([sarcasm] No, he's talking about the OTHER dude who sterilized a Dusk Circle... [/sarcasm] Of course he's talking about you!)

Mattero: The broadcast stations will be filming the meeting. He'll want a big to-do.
Really...? Does it have to be recorded...? (Sounds like it.)

Mattero: That man always tries to connect everything he does with his business. I'm sure this meeting is part of another one of his corporation's publicity stunts.
Which I'm guessing is that means he's up to no good... (So, are you saying the President of AngelMarker could be Daemon's proxy in this world?) Possibly, assuming he's even here in the first place... *sigh*

Shimo: You understand that, and you're still going to allow it to happen? How is his business related to our duty to exterminate the monsters?
Mattero: It's all about vested interests. I'm sorry, but you're dragged into it this time.

-I understand.-
-It'll be a pleasure.-
-I'm not ready, but I'll try.-
More like "I'll do it, but I won't like it." But what I'll say out loud is...

Shimo: I understand. If you're ordering me, then I'll do it.
But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Mattero: Then I'll be counting on you.

'2nd-Year Class'

Chlotz: That's awesome! Your face is gonna be broadcast across the world!
*sigh* Context matters. But still...

Shimo: I knew you'd say that.
Chlotz: Think about it! AngelMarker Industries is the megacorporation that built Fort City.
*sigh* Nothing good comes out of mega corporations...

Chlotz: Rumor says that all the Academy's funding comes from AngelMarker.
Now that's one rumor I hope is false... (Nah, most likely it's infallible babble.) Looks like we have our post title.

Shimo: You sure know a lot, don't you?
Chlotz: Hey, I'm not a part-timer at an AngelMarker lab for nothing.
(Okay, so we're all owned by Evil Inc. [sarcasm] HaVe a nIcE DaY! [/sarcasm]) (Hey! We don't have any proof that AngelMarker's evil aside from your supposed "genre savvy-ness". The same type that lead you to believe that Mattero was Daemon's proxy. Honestly, you've played too much Final Fantasy...)

Chlotz: I've never met President Rhiod Marker myself. So, when's that meeting going to be?
*sigh* (For anybody who can't hear us, it sounds like you're doing an awful lot of sighing for a bit now.)

Shimo: It's pretty sudden, but it's happening tomorrow.
(The next day...)

'President's Office'

Rhoid: The extermination of all the monsters within the Dusk Circles...
[sarcasm] Great, all of these cameras are flashing in my eyes... [/sarcasm] (I would not be surprised if at least half of those photos have to be redone because you keep flinch-blinking.)

Rhiod: This is the wish of all the people of the world, and the duty of the Aterra Church. AngelMarker Industries will continue to strive to develop technology to aid you. I ask that you Disciples, in turn, do your best to put our breakthroughs to use. I have high hopes for your continued efforts.
Guess I have to say this...

Shimo: I will to my best to meet your expectations.
(Afterwards...)

Shimo: Whew... Being on camera is really tiring.
Mostly the eyes, camera flashes and all...

Shimo: Hm? Is that Alec with President Marker?
Alec: I'll be returning to the Academy now.
Rhiod: The appearance of the God's Gift has little impact. You are still the best Disciple.
Yeah... (You don't want to be the best?) I just want to do what's best for the peace and safety of this world.

Alec: I understand.
Rhiod: Alec, do not let me down.
Alec: There's no need to worry, Father. Please, excuse me.
Wait a minute! The President of AngelMarker is Alec's father? (That's what it sounds like.)

Shimo: So Alec's the son of Mr. Marker...
(Later, at school...)

Male Disciple A: Hey, Shimo, I saw the broadcast!
*sigh* How did it go...?

Male Disciple A: It's amazing that you got to meet the president of AngelMarker! I'm so jealous!
Actually, I found it to be mostly boring.

Male Disciple: I can't wait to be an S Rank and make a name for myself so I can be famous, too!
Dude... That's not a good reason for achieving S Rank. Anyway.

Shimo: The whole thing was so nerve-wracking. I just want to take a nap.
Chlotz: Yo, Mr. Superstar! Lemme borrow you for a sec.
*sigh* Does it have to be right this minute?

Male Disciple A: What the hell, Chlotz! Can't you see we're having a conversation here?
That I was just about to end, to take a much deserved nap...

Chlotz: Sorry, but I've got urgent business with him.

-What's this urgent business?-
-Don't butt in.-
-Shut up, go away!-
(I know you aren't rude enough to use the third option.) (As for that second option... Heh-heh... The game said "butt".) ([sarcasm] What are we...!?) ("Children"!? Yes, in this world, we are children. Star Children to be precise, but yeah, we have permission to laugh at silly stuff like this!) Not to mention what the Fourth Doctor says about being childish. Anyway... Chlotz...

Shimo: What's this urgent business?
Chlotz: I'll tell you about it over there.
Just so long as I can take a nap as soon as the crisis is over...

Shimo: Sorry, I have to go.
Male Disciple B: Well, tell more about what you thought about the meeting later, Shimo!
It's just that I'm not sure you'll like what I think. (In the hallway...)

Shimo: So, what's this urgent business about?
Chlotz: I saw the meeting! You looked so nervous!
Yeah... Fight to the death, no problem. Appearing on a worldwide television broadcast... (That's another matter all together. Then again, you seem to do better when helping Narika with that same problem.) That's because I'm helping a loved one, not boosting the image of a possibly evil corporation.

Shimo: Wait, you want to talk about that, too?
Can I just take that nap already...?!

Chlotz: No, it's not about that.
Then, what's the proverbial fire?

Chlotz: The Qualifying Exam for the third-year Elites was held yesterday. And lo and behold, one of the female Disciples was promoted to S Rank! Aren't you curious about what kind of girl she is? Why don't we go see her right now?

-Now I'm interested.-
-This sounds boring.-
-Go see her yourself.-
Akurei, you did say something about the teal-haired third-year badass being our next heroine. Right? (Yes I did!) Hm...

Shimo: Now I'm interested.
Chlotz: See? There was only one S Rank girl in the third-year up until now...And she's been on a long-term mission out on the mainland this whole time.
Shimo: Alright, I'll go with you.
I hope she's the teal-haired goddess of badassery! (You just keep building up your opinion of her more and more... Also, it's no surprise that you and your brother can share similar tastes.) Look, I have several types; including this one. But, I'd prefer that potential love interests just look young but still be legal.

Chlotz: Awesome! To the third-years' classroom, then!
(Where Shimo's going to possibly be...) (The Knight who says "Squee".) (At the aforementioned third-year classroom...)

Shimo: So, which one's the new S Rank?
Chlotz: It's supposedly a girl named Serina...
(Yeah, she's your "teal-haired goddess of badassery".)

Chlotz: She's a third-year, so she's got to be a totally hot girl with tig ol' bi--
(I think he was trying to say "big ol' tits" but, he's in for the disappointment of a lifetime.)

Shimo: Enough already, Chlotz.
Chlotz: Well, I don't see anyone like that around here, anyway...
(Now you've done it. Incoming tsutsun...)

Chlotz: Could she have gone home already?
(Or... Not? Maybe?)

Shimo: Maybe she's not all that your imagination's making her out to be?
Most likely, it isn't what your thinking. But, it'd be best not to say that out loud...

3rd-Year Disciple: Oh, are you...?
Shimo: Hm?
What is it?

3rd-Year Disciple: You must be the God's Gift, Shimo! What brings you to the 3rd-year classroom?
...Did she really have to use that title!? (Still don't like it, huh.)

Shimo: We came to see the new S Rank who was promoted because of the exam.
3rd-Year Disciple: Ah, you mean Serina. Serina! God's Gift is here to see you!
I do have a name, you know. (Well, that kind of explains your like of tsunderes. Among other character types...)

3rd-Year Disciple: ...Hm? She was here a moment ago.
(Is she hiding?)

3rd-Year Disciple: Serina said that she was gonna stop by the library before going home.
...! (And, that just earned her more points in your proverbial "book".)

Chlotz: The library, huh? If we hurry, we might be able to catch her. Let's go there!
I'm assuming by "catch her" you meant "meet her"... Right? (Later, at the library...)

Chlotz: I wonder if Serina's here. Let's split up. I'll try looking in the back!
Shimo: Hey, wait. How am I supposed to know who she is?
And while, yes, I remember what Akurei keeps insisting. But, my father had a saying about assuming...

Chlotz: Didn't I tell you already? Look for a cutie with a huge rack!
*clears throat* That'd describe Narika...

Shimo: That doesn't sound right at all... Hm... Maybe that girl...?
(Yeah, that's her.) Yay!

Female Disciple: Hrrrgh... It's... just... out of reach!
Shimo: Are you alright? I can help, if you'd like.
Female Disciple: ...Huh?
Shimo: You sound like you need some help reaching that book.
Female Disciple: Oh... Thanks for your concern. It's okay. I'll get it myself. C'monnnn... Dammit, I'm so close!
*sweatdrop* *sigh*

Shimo: No, look, I'll get it for you. Here.
Female Disciple: Ah... Hey, don't get in my way--
(Let me guess... Both of you are knocked unbalanced, you and Serina end up in a compromising position, and you end up on the business end of a pervert revenge mode.) (*sigh* Let's see if you're right...)

Female Disciple: Eek! Owwww...
(There's part one of my prediction.)

Shimo: Sorry, are you okay?
(Well... Are you aware of where your right hand is?)

Female Disciple: Yeah, it's nothing... Wait... Get your hand off me!
(There's part two. There's only one way this can end...)

Shimo: Huh? Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to--
*flinches* (See, even Shimo knows what's coming!)

Female Disciple: You pervert!
(And yep, just as I predicted.)

-I-I'm sorry!-
-It wasn't on purpose!-
-That was great...-
There is NO WAY in the NINE LEVELS OF HELL I'm EVER going with option three!
(And, while option number two is what actually happened...) (And... Shimo's about to go into over-apologetic mode.)

Shimo: I-I'm sorry!
Female Disciple: Apologizing won't do anything!
Sorry, dang it, that was a reflex... There was literally wasn't anything I could say that won't make her angry.

Chlotz: Yikes... She slapped the God's Gift. That's one hell of a girl!
Well, if I wasn't so opposed to the title, maybe I'd deserve it. ...But still, kudos for having the proverbial ovaries of steel to do it. (*sigh* Shimo has some masochistic tendencies... *facepalm*)

Female Disciple: Huh? He's the God's Gift? Oh... Now that you mention it, he does look familiar...
Shimo: I'm sorry... It really was an accident...
Seriously.

Female Disciple: H-Hrgh... I know. I'm sorry I slapped you so hard.
Thank you. Apology accepted!

Shimo: Here, this is the book you were reaching for.
Chlotz: Oho...! "Using Star Energy to Enhance Your Chest"!?
(Sounds like we have some A-cup Angst...)

Female Disciple: Y-You... You moron!
(Klutz...) You never mention a book with that kind of title out loud...

Female Disciple: That's not the book I was looking for!
Oh... (Yeah, she was talking to you.)

Shimo: ...It wasn't? I'm pretty sure it was...
...then again, my genre savvy-ness could've just been working against me... (It's my genre savvy-ness as well!) (Stop applying tropes to real life...)

Chlotz: *sigh* I guess we couldn't find our beautiful new teammate after all.
(Actually, we did. She's just not your standards of beauty.)

Shimo: Oh, well, let's give up.
What Akurei said, it's just we'd be better off not harassing her as well. (And... We have some new stuff unlocked!) Hey! There's a gift shop! Let's check it out!

[Insert Gift Shop tutorial here]

Eager Star Child: Oh! Daddy! You came! Buy a gift for Mommies!
Huh? I don't remember having you... (Yeah, we have a merchant on my team, Anna, but she hasn't earned independence yet.)

Eager Star Child: Buy a bunch of gifts! I want all my Mommies to be happy!
This is just strange. Well, let's see... (How about buying seven of several kinds of gifts.) (Why seven?) (Seven total heroines. Duh!) Okay, let's see if we can afford to buy seven cups of Curry... (Yes we can.) How about seven copies of the World Cookbook? (Yes, but just that. All 14 gifts are going to cost 10500G...)

'Are you buying everything you selected?'

-Yes-
-No-
Sold! (Now we're down to 1566G...) I could sell leftover items for more glow... (Shimo, you're hardly using your items...) (So, you're selling 3 potions, 3 mana stones, and 3 enemy searches...) (...for a total of 900G. That's not that much. Still, that brings our budget up to...ten-thousand less than what we started with.) (12466 is what we started with, if anyone was keeping score at home.) *sigh* I do have other things to do...

Eager Star Child: Huhhh!? You're leaving already? Bye-by, Daddy! Say hello to Mommies!
Let's see... The lab does simulations of Labyrinths I've already pwned. But, I'm not sure if it'll be helpful with training. But first, let's see what Serina's doing... (Nope, you haven't unlocked Serina as a heroine yet.) Okay, so I'll see what Narika's up to. (My mother. Speaking of which, I haven't been reincarnated yet...)

'2nd-Year Class'

Narika: Oh, Shimo, I watched the broadcast. You looked very confident appearing alongside Rhoid Marker.
Really?

Narika: My friends were all excited, saying how cool G.G. looked.
... Now, not only is my least favorite nickname of all time mentioned again, it's also an acronym now...

Narika: Um, may I ask you a question?
...Sure.

Shimo: What is it?
(And... This game once again predicts your response.)

Narika: How can you be so confident in any situation that comes up? Do you have any tips...? Because if it were me at that meeting, my knees would be shaking unstoppably.
Shimo: Thinking about it too much just makes it even worse. I think you should just try and act natural.
Narika: But that's what I have the most problem doing...
Then, in that case, you should "fake it 'till you make it." But I have no idea if that'll be helpful either...

Shimo: Oh, really? Sorry, I have no idea, then.
Narika: Oh, don't apologize... That was very useful advice. Thanks for answering my question.
(Well, we have enough bond points for me to be reincarnated...) I'd rather see what's up with Ellie. (My former mother...)

'School Entrance'

Ellie: Ah... Good morning.
Good morning, Ellie.

Ellie: There sure are a lot of Dusk Circles. I guess they'll get tougher as we keep going, hm?
Shimo: Yeah, I'm sure there will be a lot of powerful monsters. We should be prepared.
Ellie: I'll do my best to not drag you down!
I highly doubt you'd ever do that.

Ellie: It seems we'll be getting more people working with us from now on... So, I'm sure we'll be more than able to overcome this second Dusk Circle, too. But...
"But..." What?

Ellie: Please don't get yourself hurt trying to push yourself too hard, okay? Rushing things isn't good either, so please remember that.
Shimo: Thanks. I'll be sure to be careful. Well, let's keep doing our best.
Ellie: Yes! We can do this!
(Now... Can we...!?) Yes, let's go get you reincarnated... (Yes! What'll I be this time?) But first, which Matryoshka to use? (There's the basic one, that has an infinite number. Then there's the LC, TC, SP, MD, MA, DF, and AT types. Which gives the new Star Child extra LUC, TEC, SPD, MDF, MAT, DEF, and ATK in that order.) I'll just go with a basic one for now and see if we need a boost in a specific area for Akurei to qualify for that most wanted class... (Magic Knight! But first, event!)

'Ritual Hall'

Shimo: Narika, I need you to cooperate for this to work.
Narika: R-Right...
Shimo: What's wrong? Are you still nervous?
Narika: Um, a little bit... Just a little... Actually, only a tiny bit...
([sarcasm] Right... [/sarcasm])

Shimo: You still look pretty tense. Here, try closing your eyes for a moment.
Narika: Um, like this?
Shimo: Yeah, that's good.
Narika: Oh! Is that your hand on my head? How weird that is... being patted...
Shimo: Did it help you calm down?
Narika: Y-Yes... I think I feel a little calmer now. Thank you...
Shimo: Okay, then let's begin the ritual.
Narika: Okay.
(Well, I'm female this time, and... Damn it! I can't be a Magic Knight yet!) So...? (If I can't be a Magic Knight, I'd rather be a Magician again!)

'CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW ARRIVAL'

Akurei: Hey there! You can count on me!
Welcome back, Akurei. (Here, take this "MOOD UP" card I brought with me!)

Narika: *pant* *pant* Whew. I got though it... somehow...
Shimo: This Classmating really takes a lot out of you.
Narika: Yes. I get short of breath so quickly... It's very draining. I think I should work on building up my stamina for this.
Shimo: That sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a shot too.
(Hey, my old form left a Hand Fruit behind. Interesting...) (Not to mention that... "The city level has risen to level 3!" I guess you're good for something after all.) So, now there's a "Guild" option avaliable? (Might as well go see what that's about.)
[Insert "Quests you can Accept at the Guild" tutorial here]
So this is where side quests can be found. Got it!

Guild Clerk: Oh, welcome. I've been waiting for you. We've complied requests from the Church, the Academy and all the townsfolk.

-Accept Quests-
-Submit Quests-
-View Quests-
-Exit-
Let's see what quests are avaliable... ("Potent Medicine" and "Magic Stone" Pretty much "Deliver 3 Potion+" and "Deliver 1 Mana Stone+" in that order. You can get the last one done right away.) Okay, I'll do that one.

'Accept this quest?'
-YES-
-NO-
Of course I will. So, it seems "Submit Quests" is how you finish a quest...

'Submit this quest?'

-YES-
-NO-
Of course I'm going to finish this! And I might as well accept the other quest as well. (We might as well cut out this text chatter as well in the future.) And... That's all I can do right now.

Guild Clerk: Come back any time. I'll be waiting.
(You know, what with these new heroines that're going to be avaliable soon...) (...I'm not sure if having all full sibling teams are really going to be that feasible.) Which is why we're going to have mixed teams from now on! For now, let's see what's up with Chloe...

'Faculty Office'

Shimo: Hey, Ms. Chloe, are you there?
Chloe: Welcome. What brings you here today? Whatever your troubles are, if need be, I can thwack it away with my trusty ruler.
I hope you don't mean that literally...

Shimo: I don't think I'm here for any thwacking.
Chloe: Oh really? I was kind of hoping I could solve this problem with my ruler.
... Are you into that? If so... Kinky... (*facepalm*) Well, consent is magic, after all...

Chloe: Sometimes a Disciple needs a gentle thwacking! I've yet to hear a complaint. *swoosh* *swoosh* Thwack!
Shimo: Please put that ruler down. You look like a kitten with a cat toy.
No matter how ridiculously cute that looks... (In your head.) ...of course, in my head.
Chloe: Oh, fine. So what are you actually here for?
Shimo: I wanted to ask you about the president of AngelMarker.
More specificly, is there anything about him that could hint at being Daemon's proxy; but let's not mention that bit out loud.

Shimo: I figured you might have met President Rhiod before.
Yeah, let's go with that.

Chloe: Yup. I met him at an academic conference. He left quite the impression. How should I put this? He's one of those rich, handsome, ambitious, gentlemanly...
(Oooo...! Sounds like Chloe has a crush on him...)

Shimo: Got it, thanks.
Chloe: Come back anytime. Me and my ruler always know the measure of a man!
Uh... Nice pun there...? Speaking of which, it's time for me to Classmate with Chloe for the first time!
(The usual basic Matryoshka?) Yeah, that... (And now, for something... quite familiar... Sort of... A cutscene!) (...I'm saying that qualifies for the reference jar!)

'Ritual Hall'

Shimo: Ms. Chloe, are you ready to begin?
Chloe: Yes, let's get started. But... um... how exactly do we get started?
Shimo: Are you nervous?
Chloe: A-A little, yeah. I've never had to do this sort of thing before... If... If you don't mind, would you show me how to do it?
Shimo: Of course I will. Give me your hand.
Chloe: Like...this?
Shimo: Yes. Are you ready?
Chloe: S-Sure. Please be gentle...
Of course... (We've never had a thief on the team before.) (But the Star Child's going to have a lack of TEC!) ...Fine, this child's going to replace one of the Clerics. Now what to name her...? (I'd go with "Flonne"!) Why not?

'CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW ARRIVAL'

Flonne: I may not be much, but I will try my best.
(Aw... She even sounds like Flonne!) And she also has a "MOOD UP" card. Welcome to the world, Flonne.

Chloe: ......
Shimo: It's done.
Chloe: R-Really? Phew.. I got so nervous. I hope I did everything alright...
Shimo: A Star Child was born, so it looks like we did everything right.
Chloe: I'm glad to hear it. Since I'm a teacher, it would be embarrassing if I failed... I do feel like you did most of the work, though. I'm sorry I couldn't help.
Shimo: That's not true. This Star Child couldn't have been born without the both of us.
Chloe: You're right. Hey. Next time you go to a Labyrinth, would you take me with you? That way, I'll be able to help you out when you really need it.
Shimo: You bet.
But, not with out a bit of training first.

Chloe: It's a promise then!
Shimo: OK, I think we're done for now. You seem exhausted.
Chloe: Oh my! I must look like a mess. Give me a call if there's anything I can do.
Well, it turns out none of the Clerics are ready for independence yet... (So it looks like it's Vash's time to retire this time. Sorry to see you go, dude...)

'Are you sure you want the child to become independent?'

-YES-
-NO-
Go out there and do your best, Vash!

Vash: Thanks so much, Pops! Thanks for everything!

'Your child has become independent. On the way out, Vash gave you Life Fruit x1. The city level has risen to level 4!'
Well, that was easy... (*looks up* Speaking of "training"... Let's go do that!) To the lab! [Insert "Quests you can Accept at the Lab" tutorial here"] (So... It's just another place for "side quests"?)

Scientist: Thank goodness you've come. Research really advances with you here.
Really? I'm not sure I'm going to be actually that helpful...

Scientest: I've compiled a list of things the AngelMarker staff wants you to do.
Well, why not accept everything here? (Well, you've already accomplished one of these.) Which one? (This "Vile Nectar" quest, which calles for "defeating one Asmodeus"; which we've done in the previous post!) And... It turns out there's a limit to how many quests we can have active. (Just "finish" that "Vile Nectar" quest and we'll be ready to add one more.) And... We're done!

Scientist: I hope to hear good news next time.
(Oh, right, it's the Training Facility we need to go to!)

Worker: Hey. You can use the simulator to take on Labyrinths you've sterilized. These Labyrinths are harder than the real ones. You also can't collect items.
Okay then... Akurei! I'm not sure it'd be a good idea to take Chloe into this for TRAINING purposes! (Just save first in case something goes wrong.) (...I can't belive I'm using this quote but... "I've got a bad feeling about this...") (One Saving of the game...) (And one... Surprisingly effective training session later...)

Worker: Come back whenever you want to train.
(Anyway, the results are...)

Shimo's at Lv. 13.
Chloe's at Lv. 8.
Niyagi's at Lv. 13.
Ian and Patty's at Max Level (10).
Akurei's at Lv. 10.
Thanatos's at Max Level (11).
Anna's at Lv. 13.
Lenne's at Lv. 15.
Noiz's at Lv. 13.
Flonne's at Lv. 10.
(So, going to train doesn't refresh BP after all...) Might as well move the plot along...

'Downtown'

Shimo: What could it be? I shold hurry over there.
(Playing the "Noun game" now...?!) Oh, we're going to...

'Laboratory'

Shimo: Did something happen?
Ruby: You're the first one here, God's Gift. Enzea, he's the one people are talking about.
...I'd seriously wish people'll stop calling me that!

Young Man: Ah, you're right. I've seen his face before.
If he's going to say it's from that interview...

Enzea: So, you're Shimo. I'm Enzea Marker.
Ruby: This gentelman is a VIP from AngelMarker Industries.
Enzea: I'm sure my father's request to meet you must have been an inconvenience.
You... Have... No. Idea!

Enzea: I apologize on his behalf.
Shimo: Oh no, it was nothing.
Well, that's the socially acceptable thing to say...

Ruby: Enzea here is the son of Mr. Marker, AngelMarker's president. A few years ago, he took over the Fort City project for his father. That's around the time I joined the lab here... at his request.
Enzea: I still believe I made the right choice. I think hiring you was still the most beneficial decision I've made until now.
(Really! I mean, she has a huge set of jugs! Yeah, I'm so totally going to be the manly stud of a hero here...) That voice sounds... Gratingly familar... (No! I-It can't be...!)

Ruby: *chuckle* Of course it was.
What!? Shimohi's here!? And once again as a fake man! Unfortunately, that is Daemon Spearmeister alright... *sigh*

Shimo: So, why did you call me here?
Ruby: Ah, right. I wanted to introduce everyone to a new member of the team.
Enzea: ...But there's a slight problem. The girl has gone missing.
Shimo: Gone missing?
(Besides, Daemon, can't you read!? In this world, he's going by the name of "Shimo"!)

Enzea: That's nothing unusual for her, actually.
Given that you're involved, I'm not at all surprised any woman would want to *clears throat* "Hightail it outta here".

Enzea: She slipped away while the High Priest was greeting us, and now we can't find her. Nevertheless, my men are searching for her, so they should return her in no time.
Yeah, "return her" to me that is! (Dude, I think you've missed the memo on who the hero is here.) What!? Seriously?! (No, seriously. Shimo's the hero here. Not you, as a matter of fact... My demonic senses tell me you're possessing the villian here.)

Shimo: Then...

-I'll go look for her too.-
-I'll wait here.-
-I'll come back later.-
Given that Daemon's involved with this, I think it'd be best if I find her first... ("The better to help her if she's in trouble...") (Especally if that "trouble" is in the form of "Daemon".) Precisely so...

Shimo: I'll go look for her too.
Ruby: Is that so? That'll be helpful.
Mostly thinking helpful for her...

Shimo: Do you have a picture of this girl?
Ruby: Let me send a picture of Torri over to your Vis-o-matic.
("Torri?") (Yeah, remember, Shimo here has a wallpaper image featuring her among his list of random wallpaper images for his computer! So, yes, she's another heroine!)

Ruby: There you go. Cute, huh?
(Let's see here... Hair color not found in nature? Check! Duality motif? Check! Zettai Ryouiki? Absolutely check! It's most likely that Shimo here thinks she's hot.) Oh! Some hot lesbian action! Daemon! I! Am! NOT! A! Woman! ...This time. Aw, screw this!

Shimo: You said her name was Torri? Alright, I'll get going.
(Thank the Star God. Later at...)

'Downtown'

Shimo: Oh, hello, Mark.
Mark: Hm? Shouldn't you be at the lab? Didn't you get the call?
...to adventure? I already answered that. (Not THAT "call"!) I know, I was making a joke.

Shimo: Well, I did go, but they sent me out to go look for Torri.
Mark: Oh, you're part of the search party now? Seriously, she's such a pain.
("You remember...") "...Jeffrey Hardy..." [simultanious] "They're about to organize a searching party!" ("They're about to organize a searching party!") [/simultanious] (*facepalm*)

Mark: Torri's supposedly a little strange. She'd been at a different research lab until now.
(I think Shimo can handle it, he's at least "a little strange" himself.) Did you just refer to Torri as an "it"?! (No, I was referring to the situation.) Okay then...

Shimo: She worked at a research lab?
Mark: Oh, uh... Never mind. In any case, it doesn't look like she's around here.
Shimo: Where could she have gone?
(Over nine-thousand Internets says we'll find here in either this or the next scene.)

Mark: Enzea's men are searching around the Church and Chlotz is checking the base... Can you search around the Academy?
Shimo: Alright, it's best we split up.
(...!) This isn't the horror genre; we'll be fine. Torri's the one I'm mostly worried about...

Mark: Oh, and... If you went to the lab, then you must have met Enzea, right?
And found out about Enzea being Daemon's proxy the whole time...

Shimo: What about it?
Mark: Enzea's quite the man, isn't he?

-He sure is.-
-I'm more of a man.-
-I'm digging him.-
Given the association with Daemon, there's no way I'm picking either option one or three... (But, then again, you're not that invested in the image of traditional, or what you'd call "toxic" masculinity. So...) (There's a rock and here's a hard place.) Then again, if Daemon's really the type to need to bully and/or kill other men and enslave women to prop up his own masculinity, yeah... (There's a chance that'll be taken the "wrong way" from your perspective.) I know...

Shimo: I'm more of a man.
At least I don't have to resort to those aforementioned kind of tactics to feel like a man.

Mark: Wow, you're just packed with self-confidence, aren't you?
...That...went better than I thought.

Shimo: Um, could I go search for Torri now?
Mark: O-Oh, right. Yes, of course.
(In the...)

'Hallway'

Shimo: She's not here, either. Maybe she didn't come to the Academy?
(Aw, come on! I have over nine-thousand Internets riding on this!) Moving on...

'Lunch Room'

Shimo: Oh! Is that girl...? Torri?
(Bingo! Dang! That was the scene after the next! There goes my over nine-thousand Internets...) (It's not like you can ever spend that on anything.)

Torri: Hm...? Did someone say my name?
Shimo: So, you're Torri.
Torri: Who are you? I think that I'm don't believe that I'm aware of who you are.
That's a rather roundabout way of saying "I've never met you before"...
("I'll be the roundabout...!") (No! No...none of that here!) (Almost made a Monty Python reference yourself!) (Speaking of "roundabout", that's the most roundabout way of making a Monty Python reference! Two more dollars for the jar!)

Shimo: My name is Shimo. I'm a Disciple at this Academy. I came looking for you.

Torri: You're looking for me? Why are you looking for me?
...To see if you're doing okay. (Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if she has Stockholm Syndrome by now...) Point is...

Shimo: I'm not anyone suspicious. I'm an acquaintance of Enzea. Here... They gave me your data, too.
(Shimo! No! Your autism's showing!)

Torri: ...Was Mr. Enzea angry?
The actual dude? No. The being possessing him? Most definitely.

Shimo: He wasn't mad, but he did look worried. Let's go back together.
And, maybe, I'll work out a better plan to get you out of Daemon's clutches...

Torri: I was told that I'm not supposed to follow strangers...
...Fair enough. (There's this one story I recall hearing from your mom about how you refused to go with a police officer after you and a friend got lost in a Christmas tree farm because, to you, the police officer was a "stranger"...) Akurei! That story should've been keep as a noodle incident! (And, your autism's showing... Agian.)

Torri: They keep treating me like a child. Do I come across as childish?
Shimo: I really couldn't say.
Besides... (Pulling out that favorite quote of yours...) ..."What's the point of being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes?" (Yeah...) (You called it by yourself for once! Nice one, Pansy!)

Shimo: In any case, let's hurry to the lab. Everyone's waiting for us.
Torri: ......
(Trying to suss out the "wonders of the vending machine"... Right?) Looks like it to me.

Shimo: Torri?
Torri: ......
Shimo: Do you want that snack?
Torri: I want to buy it... but I don't have any money. Looking at it is satisfying enough.
Shimo: Excuse me, I'll take this.
Store Lady: Thank you.
(So, it's an "over the counter" item instead...)

Shimo: Here you go, Torri.
Torri: Huh...? You... You're giving it to me?

-I wanted some, too.-
-Yeah, it's for you.-
-You don't want it?-
(Well, it's pretty obvious what you'll pick. If someone you care or are concerned about wants something, and you can get if for them; you'll get it in a heartbeat.)

Shimo: Yeah, it's for you.
Torri: Thank you... You're a nice person.
You're welcome. Anyway...

Shimo: Come on, let's get back to the lab.
(Later... At that place...)

'Laboratory'

Shimo: Chief Ruby, I found Torri.
Ruby: Oh, good. I'll send word to Fuuko and the others and tell them to come back.
Enzea: Torri, you suddenly disappeared. You had me worried.
Yeah! What's a bitch of mine doing wandering off without my permission!? Shut it, Daemon! NO! YOU "shut it", fake man!

Torri: I'm sorry...
See! At least this bitch knows her place! (Dude, I think she's talking to Enzea, not you!)

Ruby: Well, the Fort City is filled with all kinds of interesting stuff. I can understand why she'd want to do a little sightseeing now that she's here.
Torri: Am I going to be going to the Academy here from now on?
Enzea: That's right. Starting tomorrow, you'll be a Disciple at the Aterra Academy.
Torri: I see. I'm looking forward to it...
Enzea: Well then, it's about time I returned to my company. Ruby, I'll leave her to you.
Wait!? What!?

Ruby: I understand.
Enzea: Shimo, your cooperation as a God's Gift is essential in exterminating the monsters.
Ha! You even think you're "God's Gift to women", even though you're not really a man! Dude! I never called myself that, and I've never liked that nickname in the first place! Everyone else just decided to call me that one day!

Enzea: I'm granting you as much access to our company as you need to attain that goal. Now, if you'll excuse me.
Enzea and I aren't going to fuck her!? Of course not! "Classmating" is where you and your partner hold hands and think about eachother... (Most of the time.) Huh? Well... There was that one time with Ellie... Anyway... Point is, there's no actual sex involved... Ever! (Just a boat-load of sexual innuendo. Besides, you're not doing the "Classmating"; Shimo here is.) (Later at the...)

'Showers'

Shimo: This dorm...
I've got a bad feeling about this... (Maybe it's the sex-o-phone music here...)

Shimo: Each room has its accommodations, but the showers are communal, for some reason.
(Oh, you know the reason why... Bow-chicka-wow-wow!) (Monster!)

Shimo: That Enzea guy...
Seems okay, but given Daemon's presence, I'm not so sure...

Shimo: He seems so young to be entrusted with running the Fort City... That's admirable.
...I'd hate to admit...

Shimo: I need to work hard, too.
(Shimo! You're phone's ringing!)

Shimo: What could it be at this hour?

'Downtown'

Shimo: Damn, it took me a while to get here. I'm a little late... Oh, Chlotz is over there.
Chlotz: Shimo! Were you summoned too?
It seems like it.

Shimo: Obviously. And you?
Chlotz: They really work us hard, don't they? They even had me looking for someone earlier. That's not in my job description.
Yeah, I did hear about that earlier...

Shimo: Let's just hurry up. I'm sure everybody's waiting for us.

'Laboratory'

Shimo: I'm sorry we're late!
Hey! It's Serina! Maybe I can make up for that accidental grope earlier...

Female Disciple: Oh! You're...
Shimo: Hey, it's you...
I'm only not saying her name because we haven't been officially introduced yet.

Chlotz: It's the slapping girl.
(I'd say she's the "Tsundere girl", Klutz, but close enough for government work.)

Ruby: Everyone, I'm sorry that we've had to summon you so many times. But an hour ago, the government approved the plan to infiltrate the second Circle. This Dusk Circle is in a location with much stronger Dusk Energy than the previous one. Right now, there is a land unit deployed to the area around it. An S Rank Disciple who knows the area is part of that combat unit. If this Circle can be sterilized, she'll then join your team in fighting monsters.
(That's a lot of expositon.)

Chlotz: I heard about her. She's really distinguished.
Ruby: That's right. Even among S Ranks, she has the most power out of anyone we've seen.
Fuuko: Huh? She's even stronger than Ms. Chloe?
Chloe: She's very strong in combat. And, as it happens, her figure's a knockout, too!
Ruby: It's not as great as mine, though.
Chloe: Hm... I think Narika's got a bigger bust than her, though.
(I can see that.)

Narika: O-Oh no, mine is nothing...
(*sigh* Seriously, Mom, you can be too modest for your own good...)

Fuuko: If you're calling yourself nothing, how do you think that makes us feel?
(Wow! My mother's right! Monster! Your mother's being unsusually cruel...! Which, admittedly, isn't that more of a unusual thing forfor you...?)

Narika: Huh? Huh!?
Chlotz: Hey, uh, aren't you ladies forgetting that we guys are here, too?
(I thought you'd love to hear shit like this, Klutz?) (Why are you speaking that way in front of your mother!?)

Female Disciple: Anyway, she's very well-known for her accomplishments. She's my goal.
(Because...? She has "the most talent"? *points to chest*) (Di-Did she just...?) Yes, I think Akurei just made a reference to the old Sailor Moon dub, while also making an innuendo. Much like how, at times I say "Huge tracts of land". (And... That's another two dollars for the jar.)

Chlotz: By the way... Who's that tiny girl over there...
*facepalm*

Female Disciple: Wh-Who're you calling tiny!?
Chlotz: S-Sorry! I apologize! Please don't slap me!
Ruby: Ah, sorry about that. I should've introduced her earlier. This is Serina, the third-year that was promoted to S Rank the other day.
Chlotz: WHAT!? Are you kidding me!?
(Nope, and, I was right about that!)

Chlotz: Wasn't the new S Rank supposed to be a big-busted, beautiful older girl!?
Chlotz, you were the one who assumed the "big-busted" part...

Shimo: So you were Serina!
(Told ya!)

Serina: Well, sorry that I wasn't some big-busted, beautiful older girl.
While your chest isn't what most... (Or anyone.) ...would call "big-busted"; the rest is very accurate. Especially the "beautiful" part. (Lolicon...) Niyagi... You know I'd never do anything like that in meatspace.

Ruby: Come on now, the strength of your bonds is important to make strong Star Children. Make sure you get along with each other.
Chlotz: That reminds me, what about Torri? Isn't she part of our team now, too?
(Well, if she isn't now, she will be! Believe it!) (*facepalm*)

Ruby: She needs to go through a little more combat training before she joins us. She should be ready to fight alongside you by the time summer comes along. In any case, we will be able to move into the second Dusk Circle at 10:00 AM tomorrow. Get prenty of rest tonight and build up your energy for tomorrow's assault. Also, regarding the Dusk Circle that you have already sterilized...
Yes...?

Ruby: Although it has been sterilized, there are still monsters living within the Labyrinth. It would be helpful if you could slay those monsters when you have the time to spare. I believe that would be a good training ground for those of you who need it. Well, if there are no other questions, you're dismissed. Thanks for your time!

'Sub-Labyrinths have been unlocked. These do not advance the story. However, you may find rare items in these dungeons, so you should give it a try.'
Okay, I'll keep that in mind. But first, we have enough bond points for either Patty or Ian's successor! (And... It looks like Flonne's getting a brother!) (Got any ideas for a red-headed thief... Oh! I've got just the perfect name!) What is it? (Kurama!)

Kurama: Pleased to meet you.
(And here's the third star child to have a "MOOD UP" card in a row!) And now, it's time for Ian...

'Are you sure you want the child to become independent?'

-YES-
-NO-
Well, there's nothing more I can do for him. Bye star son...

Ian: Thanks so much, Pops! Thanks for everything!

'Your child has become independent. On the way out, Ian gave you Body Fruit x1.'
(Also...)

'The city level has risen to level 5!'
(Now, let's see what's up with this next "Labyrinth" already!) Apparently, the "Sin" of this one is "Gluttony". There's also two locations called the "Blue Garden" and the "Sealed Tomb"... I have no idea what's up with those. Anyway, to the second labyrinth! Away...! (Two transformation sequences latter...)

Shimo: So this is the second Dusk Circle...
Chlotz: Yo, Shimo. How's it going?
Shimo: Chlotz? Why are you on my screen?
Is there some reason Ruby can't make it today?

Chlotz: Did you forget already? I'm a member of the lab staff too, you know. Oh crap, Chief Ruby's coming. See ya later!
Oh... I see what's going on now... (Klutz sneaked into mission control. Nice!)

Ruby: Chlotz, what are you doing!?
Shimo: What's wrong? Did something happen?
Aside from what Akurei predicted.

Ruby: It's nothing, forget it. Chlotz was just on the communication equipment without permission.
(So... I was right again!)

Ruby: We didn't even teach him how to use it... He may be a dope, but he's pretty smart.
Shimo: A dope... That's a bit harsh.
(But only a bit.) (Monster!)

Ruby: Anwway, that Circle has more Dusk Energy than the previous one you were in. Make sure you don't let your guard down.
Shimo: Right. We're beginning the assault.

Gluttony Labyrinth - 1st Trip

Results
Lowest level reached: 2
Glow gathered: 1860
Loot: Mana Stone x3, Potion x8, Bagnau+ x1, Leather Armor+ x1, Potion+ x1, Mana Stone+ x1, Shortbow+ x1
Items used: n/a
Shimo's at Lv. 14
Ellie's at Lv. 11
Akurei's at Lv. 13
Kurama's at Lv. 10
Flonne's at Lv. 13
Niyagi's at Lv. 15
Anna's at Lv. 15
Noiz's at Lv. 15
Lenne's at Lv. 17
(So, I'm at the maxinum level...again.) And the three hearts are restored! (So, THAT is what this dungeon run was all about.)
------------------------------
Next time, in this Let's Play of Conception II... (We get to see one of Serina's events for the first time!) (And I reincarnate once again. But first, I have a bit of accounting to do...)

Monty Python Reference Jar
Akurei: $57
Shimohi: $34

No comments:

Post a Comment