Thursday, December 10, 2015

Role-Playing Gamer: Conception II #7 - Static Surfaces of Not-the-same Geometry.

("Shimo" classmates with Serina for the first time...) And the resulting Star Child's name is a spoiler. (Let's talk about that!) (Monster, this isn't Good Mythical Morning!)

Warning: This game is rated M for mature for Fantasy Violence, Language, Mild Blood, Partial Nudity, and Sexual Themes. If any of the following offends you, don't click the link to pass the jump break you have been warned.
----------------------------------------------------
(So. Serina's still obviously behind the other heroines, in both affection and level...) Yes... (Not to mention that, if we integrate story and game play, having a star child with Serina's going to be impossible.) Yeah, so... (*sigh* Shimo, you're going to have to brace yourself for more potential pain...again.)

'Hallway'

Serina: Oh, it's you. Come to think of it, I saw the press conference.
[sarcasm] Great, now Serina's going to mention that bloody press conference... [/sarcasm]

Serina: You were pretty brassy out there.
... (Coming from her, that sounds like a compliment.)

Shimo: Brassy? Like how?
Serina: You came off as really confident, but you didn't seem friendly at all.
Oh... That was most likely me trying to not make it obvious that the camera flashes were bugging my eyes.

Serina: I guess you're kinda both.
Yeah... Let's go with that.
([sarcasm] Because looking unfriendly would be preferable to everyone knowing you have light sensitive eyes... [/sarcasm])

Shimo: I can't tell if you're trying to give me a compliment or if you want to insult me.
Of course, assuming the aim isn't somehow both at the same time.

Serina: Neither, really. It's just the impression you gave me. I don't hold it agianst you, so don't let it get to you.
*sigh* ...

Shimo: I don't let it get to me. I can't help how others see me.
Serina: Whoa. There it is again.
There "what" is again? (Wait!? Is Serina actually going to interact with us? I mean, this time, we don't have the excuse of "we're invisible to most people" to fall back on.) (I highly doubt it.)

Serina: You really are that brassy... That wasn't just a show for the cameras.
Then again... Positions of authority don't have that much sway over my behavior. (That isn't controlled by railroading. *imitates train horn*)

Shimo: I'm being confidently unfriendly?
Serina: Yeah, something like that. But I think it's better than being a complete phony inside and out.
(What Serina said. You hear that Pansy!)

Serina: And that one you can take as a compliment.
Thanks.

Shimo: I see. Thank you, then.
Serina: Hm? Maybe you actually are kind of friendly, thanking me like that.
(Ain't that the truth.) I've... Got a bit of a communication problem. (Now that's an understatement.)

Serina: Hmmm, I can't really tell what kind of person you are. Well, it doesn't matter to me. Bye now.
See ya latter. (That went better.) (Now... Patty, Anna, and Flonne need independence. So, since we've already visited Serina...) (We should visit Chloe and Fuuko, for varieties sake.)

'Faculty Office'

Shimo: Ms. Chloe?
Female Disciple A: Chloe, I just don't understand the homework, can you help me out?
Female Disciple B: Chloe, would you please be the moderator for our new club?
Chloe: Uh-uh. It's not "Chloe," it's "Ms. Chloe," girls.
Shimo: Oh wow. It looks like there's a crowd. Excuse me, can I get through?
Chloe: Oh, it's you. Can I help you?
Shimo: I brought those surveys you requested.
Female Disciple A: Excuse me! What give you the right to cut in line?
[sarcasm] I don't know, maybe doing some work for Ms. Chloe has something to do with it... [/sarcasm]

Male Disciple A: Yeah, she's right.
... (This is why you shouldn't do all your snarks inside your head. Nobody here's a mind reader, unless you count the Pansy and I; but we don't count!)

Female Disciple B: We've been waiting here forever... It's our turn next.
Female Disciple A: Being God's Gift doesn't mean you get a free pass. Line up like everyone else.
Well, I did hand in those survey forms she requested; and, fair's fair... (*looks down* No, you didn't. So we're going to be waiting in line for work!?)

Shimo: There's a Disciple holding a sign that says "This is the End of the Line."
(How's it going to compare to the registration line at the local anime convention?)

Shimo: Ms. Chloe must be really popular if this many people want to talk to her.
(If Shimo can see the end of the line from the beginning of it, then the registration line at the local anime convention has this line beat!) Let's put it this way, said registration line has wrapped around the outside of a LARGE HOTEL before...

Chloe: Erm... I'm sorry, Shimo. This is going to take a while.
Shimo: Well...

-Maybe another time.-
-I'll wait my turn.-
-Me first.-
(If you still don't know Shimo's answer for this choice, either look up... Or look down to see the answer right away.)

Shimo: I'll wait my turn.
Chloe: Good. God's Gift must have patience.
(Not to mention the will to actually TELL people he DOESN'T LIKE THAT TITLE!) I get it already, but I doubt they'd listen even if I tell them.

Chloe: But really, thank you. With that attitude you'll earn high marks from me.
Shimo: I'll just patiently wait for my turn, then.
(Presumably, after playing Shiritori with the other people in line...)

Shimo: ......
(Okay, much latter...)

Shimo: ......
(Anytime now!) (Now, it's later...)

Female Disciple G: Thanks for all the help, Ms. Chloe.
Chloe: If you're still having trouble, let me know, okay?
Shimo: Alright, it's finally my turn.
Chloe: I'm sorry you had to wait so long. What is it you wanted to see me for?
Shimo: I brought the surveys.
Chloe: Thanks. You can just put those on my desk.
Shimo: Sure... um... Ms. Chloe, there isn't any room left on your desk. Can I move some of these books?
Chloe: Okie dokie.
(Lokie!) (Hey! No bringing any of that pony business here!)

Shimo: Hm? "Chloe Genus"... Did you write this book?
Chloe: As a matter of fact, I did.
Shimo: "Characteristics of Non-Orientable Surfaces in Differential Geometry"...
So... "Traits of Static Surfaces in Not-the-same Geometry"...? (*facepalm* You had to resort to Buffy-speak there...)

Shimo: I... I don't understand a word of it...
Are you sure this isn't a bit of Chloe trolling me? (...Oh, right, I vaguely recall you doing well in geometry class.)

Shimo: Huh? Wait, you wrote all of these books...?
Female Disciple A: Yup! That's Chloe for you, she's a genius.
(*looks up* [sarcasm] Oh look! Chloe's family name's "Genus" which sounds like "genius", how come I never noticed that... [/sarcasm])

Female Disciple B: Plus, she's really kind!
Female Disciple A: And she always listens to our problems! I don't know what we'd do without Chloe!
(Uh... Ms. Chloe's your teacher, not your counselor or therapist!)

Chloe: *sigh* I wish you would show some respect and call me "Ms. Chloe"... Ahem. If you have any worries or problems, feel free to ask me, okay?

-Yeah, not gonna happen.-
-Thanks, I'm counting on you.-
-We'll see if I feel like it.-
That first one sounds really rude. I'm not sure about the second one, since she already has so much on her proverbial plate so...

Shimo: We'll see if I feel like it.
(Then again, that one kind of sounds rude as well...) (Well, Shimo's the type to not mention his worries 'till it's absolutely necessary.)

Chlotz: Hey! HEY! What do you think you're doing with my sister?
I know how clichéd this is going to sound but, it's not what you think it is!

Shimo: Chlotz, how long have you been there?
Chlotz: I couldn't find you, so I came looking for you. And here you are, with my sister.
And...?

Chloe: Oh boy... Chlotz, I don't know what idea got into your head, but it's wrong. He's not here to waste time, unlike you. Oh, afternoon classes are about to begin. You better head back to class.
Chlotz: Yeah, she's right. Go to your next class already.
Chlotz, I think Ms. Chloe was talking to the both of us...

Chloe: That includes you, Chlotz.
Called it!

Chlotz: Yeah, yeah.
Chloe: *sigh* I know he's a bit obstreperous, but he's my brother. Can you look after him?
Huh...? "Obstreperous"? That's a word I've never heard before... (To the online dictionary! ...Apparently Klutz was described as, "Stubbornly defiant; disobedient; resistant to authority or control, whether in a noisy manner or not." Yeah, that sounds like Klutz alright.) (That also sounds like you and Shimo, but mostly the Monster.)

Chlotz: H-Hey! I don't even know what that means!
(Your sister pretty much called you a "bull-headed rebel without a cause.")

Chloe: Trust me, it fits you to a T.
Chlotz: Erm... Well... No use arguing with you, Sis. I'd be in over my head.
Shimo: You two get along so well.
Chlotz: You think so?
Chloe: We do, don't we? Come on... That was the bell for the next class. Get a move on.
(That went about as well as I possibly could, given the circumstances. And now, my mother!) Not quite, I want to hang around Narika today... (So we're hanging with MY mom, mother...trucker!)

'Hallway'

Narika: The reasoning behind it is...
Shimo: Is that Narika I hear?
Because that sounds like Narika to me...

Narika: Weapons from AngelMarker Industries are essential in our fight. Therefore...
(Ah, I see. Practising her debating skills...) But does it have to sound like an AngelMarker ad... (In, presumably, the second-year classroom...)

Shimo: Narika...
Narika: Oh... Shimo.
Shimo: Are you here alone?

-Practicing your performance?-
-Wait, what are you doing?-
-Talking to your imaginary friend?-
(That last one is kind of what you do with the Pansy and I.) Besides, I think it's more likely she's...

Shimo: Practicing your performance?

Narika: W-Were you watching?
More like...

Shimo: I heard your voice from the hall.
Narika: Er... I was practicing for the next Strategy Conference.
(Called it!)

Narika: I didn't realize people could hear me from the hallway... How embarrassing!
Shimo: Well, that means you're getting better at projecting, right?
In my case, I need to project less when I'm talking about a topic I'm interesting in...

Shimo: Doesn't that seem like a step forward?
Narika: Maybe you're right... I was going to memorize my notes for the presentation at the next conference.
Shimo: Oh, so there are more Strategy Conferences ahead?
Narika: Yes, there's a total of three. Just like the first one, we'll present our plans... And the student body will vote to choose the best one. The plan that wins will officially be submitted on behalf of the Academy.
(For... What?)

Narika: And whoever presents the winning plan gets to attend a major conference. I'll have delegates from the Church and AngelMarker Industries.
Shimo: Wow.
Narika: There are only two conferences left. I want to speak in at least one of them. Otherwise everybody's hard work in coming up with this plan will go to waste...
Shimo: I see. Well...

-I'll be watching you, then.-
-I'll get out of your way, then.-
-I'll give you even more help.-
*sigh* ...I'd like to help Narika, but I'm not sure it'd be "helpful"... (Just go with it already.)

Shimo: I'll give you even more help.
Narika: No, no! You've helped so much already by attending the first one with me.
Shimo: It's no big deal. It's actually you I was looking for in the first place.
Narika: Well, I'm going to start again from the top, if you want to listen. If anything sounds off, please don't hesitate to say so.
(Well, you've come to the right person for that. What with Shimo here being Mr. Brutal Honesty...)

Narika: *ahem* ...Here goes. Thank you for coming. We second-years have the following proposal...
(One mother's presentation later...)

Narika: ...That concludes my presentation. How was it? Please be honest.

-Not so good.-
-It wasn't bad.-
-Sorry, I fell asleep.-
(Shimo'd have to be horribly sleep-deprived for that last one to ever happen. Especially considering this is NARIKA talking!) Not to mention that I think Narika's problems is mostly stage fright. So...

Shimo: It wasn't bad. You didn't stutter much, and you were projecting loud enough to hear.
Narika: Thank you, but I'm not so convinced... I guess I just need a lot more practice.
Shimo: You did project much better than during the conference, so you are improving.
Narika: I think that's because you were my audience this time.
Like I said, "Stage Fright".

Narika: For some reason, when it's just you listening, I don't get as nervous. If anyone else was here, I would get too nervous, and I'd go quiet again.
Shimo: Don't worry. I'm sure you'll get used to it soon.
Narika: I hope so... I just can't shake this uneasy feeling.
Shimo: Is there anything else I can do?
Narika: Let's see... Well, I was completely overpowered during the debate... Would you mind helping me practice for that too?
Shimo: What do you need me to do?
Narika: Just pretend you're my opponent, and try to point out my plan's weaknesses. I'll have to try my best to give counter-arguments.

-Got it. Let's get started!-
-That sounds fun.-
-May the best one win!-
So, you want me to be a Devil's Advocate? Very well...

Shimo: Got it. Let's get started! Here goes, Narika.
Narika: I'm ready!
(One practice debate round later...)

Shimo: ...That was pretty good. Your arguments were to the point and easy to follow.
(Then again, I recall hearing somewhere that Shimo here sucks at argumentative essasys...) Hey! You most likely "heard" that from a memory of mine from sixth grade! (Which was before either of us were born...)

Shimo: The question is, can you perform this well with everyone watching?
Now THAT is the question! (Not "To be, or not to be?")

Sasami: Well, we'll have to see, won't we?
Narika: Oh... You're Sasami, right? The first-year representative?
Sasami: Pardon me, but I was walking down the hall and saw the door open. It may have been rude of me, but I was listening in on your mock debate. I must say, I had hoped for better.
(Yeah...) (Shimo just sucks at debating...)

Narika: Wh-What?
Sasami: I expected so much from you, so forgive me if I come away a bit disappointed. But you can't even speak your mind unless God's Gift is present.
...! ([sarcasm] Great, now this whole "God's Gift" thing's become a... [/sarcasm] A...) (You can just say "berserk button".)

Sasami: Is that really becoming of a class rep at the Strategy Conference?
Narika: W-Well...
Shimo: A little harsh, aren't you?
(Just... A little.) (*facepalm* Why am I even surprised at the atrocities you commit...)

Sasami: I'm only stating the plain truth. And only because I had hoped for so much more from you, Narika Shina.
Narika: Oh...
Shimo: Narika, wait!
(Back in the...)

'Hallway'

Narika: *pant*...*pant*
Shimo: Finally caught you...
Narika: Shimo... *cough* *hack*
Shimo: Out of breath? Here, let me whack you on the back a bit.
(Well, you do pat your cat on the back when he's coughing...)

Narika: *cough* ...What!? No... that's all right... *cough*
Shimo: You don't sound all right. Here, how do you feel now?
Narika: ...That's a lot better. Thank you. Sasami was right... I was so embarrassed. I just couldn't take it. I'm sorry if I put you out...

-Don't worry about it.-
-It's no trouble at all.-
-It's not that embarrassing.-

Shimo: It's no trouble at all.
(That was a fast response.)

Shimo: I'm sure Sasami just thinks of you as a rival. She probably said all those things because she wants a worthy opponent.
Narika: I somehow doubt that. But...
Shimo: But?
Narika: I don't want to let it end there. And I don't want to disappoint everyone else in the class... I want to be sure I'm in good shape for the conference coming up.
Shimo: In that case, I'll do whatever i can to help you out.
Narika: Thank you, Shimo...
(And...Wow! You've maxed out the second bar! Impressive!) Now it's time... (For some Classmating! Patty's going to get her successor!) Given the "dog"-like traits of the "Swordis" class, I've got the perfect name for this new Star Child, even if the hair color doesn't work this time... (Wait! Are you going to name another star child after a character from DRAMAtical Murder!?)

Ren: Leave it to me! I'll show 'em!
(Does that answer your question? Now let's take this "BP 10% OFF" card off Ren's hands...) (*facepalm* ...That answer was "yes". As for Patty and her independence...)

'Are you sure you want the child to become independent?'

-YES-
-NO-
Of course, the rest of her original team is independent now. So...

Patty: Yay! I'm going to enjoy my new life!

'Your child has become independent. The city level has risen to level 7!'
(And now, for Flonne's successor...) (How about let's see if we can have a star child of Serina on the team already!) If she says "no" then, we're going with Chloe. (Okay...)

'Ritual Hall'

Serina: Hmmm, so this is the place. I was expecting something a little more exciting. So, what do I have to do?
Shimo: You just have to touch me. Then I'll take care of the rest.
(But...!) I'm not sure how she'll react to the normal instructions. Besides, Lenne's the proof that it doesn't have to be done exactly as the instructions say...

Serina: So I DO have to touch you... At least you don't get to touch me. There's no telling what you'd try to do.
Nothing ungentlemanly. At least, not on purpose...

Shimo: Are you still angry about that?
Because it sounds like you are.

Serina: I told you already: I will never forgive you for that. This is different though. This is important, so I'll help you. H-Here. Reach out your hand. Let's get this over with.
Shimo: Alright. Let's do it.
(I know this child's replacing a cleric but, the stats are just right for an Archer! Speaking of which...) You've got an idea for a name? Is it the spoiler one I'm thinking of? (Just let me input the name and you be the judge...)

'CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW ARRIVAL'

Shirou: You're my father? The pleasure is mine.
Yes, that's a spoiler. And I'm not going to explain why it's a spoiler! (Hence, no link to the series being referenced. Still, Shirou does have this "MOOD UP" card...)

Serina: *pant* *pant* *pant* Why am I so exhausted?
Shimo: It must have been really hard on you. Are you alright?
Serina: H-Hey! You just worry about yourself. I've just never done this before, so I'm a bit tired. It was easier than I thought it would be. Why was I even worried?
I have no idea.

Shimo: You were nervous?
Serina: I-I-I bet lots of people would be, right? Anyone would get nervous the first time, right?
Point. Most people are nervous the first time, including me...

Shimo: But were YOU nervous?
Serina: You just won't let it go, will you? Does it even matter? What's important is that I'm finally a full fledged S Rank. I gave birth to my first Star Child. Tonight, we celebrate!
And by "we" I hope that includes "me", parties are cool!

Serina: I'm going to make a delicious celebration feast! There'd even be some breadcrumbs for you.
Well... I wouldn't mind if those crumbs come from red velvet cake...

Serina: Since, technically, you are the father of this child.
... (That's rather cold.)

Shimo: At least leave me a dinner roll.
Or a slice of cake. (Yeah, you heard right, Shimo here's a bit of a sweet toothed cake fiend.)

Serina: You know what? I'm in a great mood right now. But that doesn't mean I'm going to forgive you for grabbing my chest.
*sigh* ...

Serina: Bye now.
Shimo: ......I guess it will be a while before she really trusts me.
(And now, it's time for Flonne's independence day.)

Flonne: Even if we are apart, I still love you, Daddy!

'Your child has become independent. On the way out, Flonne gave you Faith Fruit x2. The city level has risen to level 8.'
(Now, who to take into the Labyrinths...?) Well, I did promise to take Chloe with me someday... (So, more questing and grinding in Lust or exploring Gluttony?) Questing and grinding. (Figures...)

Lust Labyrinth - 2nd Return Trip

(We have a pick-up event!) No, not like that! (Yes, there was another "event" like this last time, but that was in the middle of a battle.)

Narika: To G.G.... Thank you for all your hard work. It probably would be better for me to say this in person, but... I might get too nervous, so I'll have to do it through this. Even though I'm an S Rank, I hadn't been in any major battles until last year.
(Yeah, like that fight against Asmodeus...)

Narika: Maybe it's because of my personality... I probably have the least experience out of all the S Ranks.
(Actually, if we're going by character level; that "dishonor" goes to Serina.)

Narika: Which is why I'm not very confident that I can fight as well as the others. This year, though, I'd like to live up to my status as an S Rank. I can't rely on your help all the time. I have to try harder. Um, this message might be sudden, and not very organized. I'm sorry... That's all I have to say. Sincerely, Narika.

Results
Glow Gathered: 2580
Loot: Mana Stone x4, Potion x3, Child's Clothes+ x1, Basic Sword+ x1, Leather Clothes+ x2, Twin Swords+ x1, Toy Wand+ x1, Leather Clothes++ x1, Mana Stone+ x2, Potion+ x2, Tanned Leather, Bond Powder x2, Star Bomb x1, Toy Wand II x1
Shimo's at Lv. 18
Chloe's at Lv. 13
Niyagi's at Lv. 17
Ren's at Lv. 13
Kurama's at Lv. 18
Akurei's at Lv. 19
Medaka's at Lv. 17
Anna's at Lv. 16 (MAX)
Lenne's at Lv. 21
Noiz's at Lv. 19 (MAX)
Shirou's at Lv. 13
-----------------------------------
Next time... (Noiz and Anna are getting their independence.) (And we're going back into the Gluttony Labyrinth.)

No comments:

Post a Comment